Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club

December 18, 2018, 01:36:24 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kartboy  (Read 1452 times)

Offline deadlydave

• Global Moderator
  • Boring grey station wagon soccer mom

Kartboy
« on: May 13, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »
Vendor:  Kartboy
Value:   5/5
Customer service:  5/5
Speed:  5/5
Accuracy:  4/5 (No instructions included)

As some of you know, a while back I posted this:
Well my 4-month old Kartboy front endlinks have been completely destroyed.  Noticed a clunking, and the upper bushings are just not there anymore.  Anyone got any recommendations?  Fit is for wagonzilla (93-01 impreza) and/or 02 WRX wagon.  They are the 'dog bone' style:  aluminum with eyelets on both sides, with poly bushings.  Probably going to be looking for something with Heim joints.

This is pretty damn irritating.  These were installed correctly, with weight on the front tires.

Rather than go to MachV, the seller, I went to the manufacturer.  I am a QA guy for a living, and thought that at minimum they would want to know that an application-specific product was failing.  I had a few correspondences with Tom@Kartboy, and free of charge, he sent me spacers, revised upper bushings, and metal sleeves for the centers.  They use a thicker bolt with less bushing material, and combined with the offset provided by the spacers, alleviate some of the stress on the upper front sway bar/endlink bushing.  Service was fast, I was not charged, and all-in-all Tom was great to deal with.  My one minor issue is that no instructions were included for the spacers, so I had to trial and error them on the car.

I would not hesitate to order one of their products again.  Kartboy stands behind their stuff in a way that I thought was long-dead.

Offline bigfishs

Re: Kartboy
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
Yup :mrgreen:
Pages: [1]   Go Up