Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club

January 18, 2020, 05:33:28 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clutch disengaged  (Read 1904 times)

Offline RE543

clutch disengaged
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »
So and some people saw I bought an A4. a smashed a4 but a running a4 none the less. The damage isnt really bad and I got it from a friend for dirt cheap and hauled it off the next day via towing it with a truck and more friends. The reason we towed it was because the clutch seems to be disengaged.  You can start the car and change through every gear but it doesn't move. The slave cylinder will push out but it doesn't automatically retracted so the pedal stayed limp ( this was only after we took it off the tranny, before the pedal came back fine) if I put the slave back in the pedal retracts fine again. But stoll nothing. My guess is the clutch is disengaged.  It worked when the kid parked it so I dont think there is clutch damage.  So what could be holding the clutch open? I know this is subarus but just seeing if anyone could help me with my project
05 wrx, 02 7.3 powerstroke. Subarus and counting 12plus

Offline hydrochloric

• Waaaay to much time on their hands!
  • Car potpourri is my speciality!

Re: clutch disengaged
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »
Maybe the friction material has separated, so there's nothing for the FW/PP to clamp?  I can't think of anything that would fail from sitting in such a way.
-'00 BRP 2.5RS- rustbucket DD with SUPERCHARGED! junkyard engine  :D  -'66 VW Type III 1600 Squareback- Survivor, 42k miles  -'83 944- mostly-un-broken track car  -'50 Hudson Commodore 6 TSD rally car  -'93 Audi S4- New DD.  Eventually.

Offline RE543

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:18:21 PM »
Thats why im at such a loss. I cant find anything else like it. I can start the car and it males no odd noise. So it doesnt sound like anything is moving In there. Im going to pull the access panel, assuming there is one, I heard there was. And try and see whats up and if I can get the plates to go back together

Offline RE543

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:22:42 PM »
Bump. Anyone have any ideas as to whats going on or how I can fix it? Kinda random still but ive even called dealerships and they've got no idea whats wrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up