Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club

August 22, 2019, 06:14:42 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leather/vinyl care  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Kavik

• Waaaay to much time on their hands!

Leather/vinyl care
« on: November 23, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »
Spent a couple hours in the car a week ago with my Pinnacle Black Label Hide-Soft leather treatment kit
Gotta say I'm quite pleased with the cleaner:

And while I'm very happy with the semi-gloss finish the protectant left on the vinyl:

I think it left the leather a little more slippery than it was originally... Though i don't know if that's avoidable with any products

Leather felt pretty good after the conditioning cream too, but can't really say how well that works until i see what is like a couple  years down the road

Anyway, just curious if anyone else had a good/bad opinion of this stuff here? Or what products anyone else like to use?
It was a bit pricey (close to $150 shipped at autogeek if i remember right), but the online crowd generally seems happy with this Black Label line of products
-Daryl (Albany)                                                                                   ಠ_ಠ
['14 Mazda3 SGT]     ['03 Sonic Yellow WRX Wagon]     ['05 WRB WRX Wagon]     ['02 PSM WRX Sedan]

Offline aeoporta

Re: Leather/vinyl care
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:28:06 PM »
I'd say the most important thing is keeping your leather clean and conditioned. 
I generally clean and condition my interior once a month.  I run the heat in winter time, pull into a wash
bay, also activate seat heaters for a bit.  Then I will clean all leather/vinyl surfaces: so seats, shift knob and boot,
brake boot, steering wheel.  then wipe them so no excess cleaner, then I apply the leather cleaner to microfiber
sponge and spread with my hands on the applicator and then condition leather.  let sit for a bit so it soaks in
then use a microfiber to remove any excess which remains.  I am a wolfgang guy so I use their leather cleaner and conditioner.
I also don't use products that are both a cleaner and conditioner. 
I'm also OCD so.... :uglystupid2:

I also use 303 protectant on vinyl on car exterior as well as fog light overlays, I don't usually 303 the dash but that is also an option.

For exterior I wash, then full clay, then klasse all in one polish, wolfgang 3.0 sealant, detailers pro sealant, collinite 845  and then p21s only if I
am feeling flashy.  Poorboy tire shine and she is done. 

In terms of protecting my leather, I have tints and then use the sunshade for windshield, 

Did I mention the OCD part  :2funny:    :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:29:41 PM by aeoporta »
2016 Forester 2.5i Premium 6spd,  DGM

Offline Kavik

• Waaaay to much time on their hands!

Re: Leather/vinyl care
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 03:06:56 PM »
Yeah, your ocd might outrank mine lol  i haven't got that much free time or patience lately  :-D
Hate to admit, though it's obvious from the pics, it had been a while since I'd cleaned them  :|

I've heard of the Wolfgang brand, but have never used them

Just to clarify, this isn't an all in one, it's a kit that came with cleaner, conditioner, and sealer/protectant. Also came with 2 sponges,  2 microfiber cloths and 2 horse hair brushes

And i did the same, warmed up the car and ran the seat heaters for a bit...just seemed like a good idea  :mrgreen:
The rest of the process went the same as well, including a break between the conditioning and the sealing

Unfortunately i ran out of time, still have to do the back seats and door panels at some point  :roll:
-Daryl (Albany)                                                                                   ಠ_ಠ
['14 Mazda3 SGT]     ['03 Sonic Yellow WRX Wagon]     ['05 WRB WRX Wagon]     ['02 PSM WRX Sedan]

Offline KamWedy

Leather/vinyl care
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was cleaning my car and used the Autoglym leather cleaner which was fine. I then used the leather balm, on just one back headrest at first, and it gave the leather a slight sheen which I was not too happy about. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up