November 21, 2018, 10:06:02 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet  (Read 719 times)

Offline idipskoalmint

• Waaaay to much time on their hands!

Meet
« on: February 26, 2017, 10:25:56 PM »
http://www.regionalfoodbank.net/

I haven't organized a meet in a while. I've been out of the area, back in the area, and doing my own thing. That said, we have a good group of people (even though the board isn't as active as it once was), but I'm sure we can help make a difference with the member base we have.

The Regional Food Bank helps supply food to local pantries. I've been volunteering here for ~20 years with different groups.

You'd be looking at a few hours of your time. Generally, you would be doing something like bagging / weighing bulk food items into smaller quantities for distribution.

To make it worthwhile, I would say we want at least 6 people who would be willing to partake. Who would be interested in giving a few hours of their time to help those who are less fortunate than us? After our "shift", we'd get together somewhere to grab a bite / beverage and socialize a bit.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:31:25 PM by idipskoalmint »
"Subaru - the one STI you don't have to be ashamed of for having!"

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

Offline idipskoalmint

Re: Meet
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 10:34:49 PM »
From their website...

Sorting and Re-Boxing Donations on our Warehouse Dock

Family Friendly & Great For All Ages
Children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult

Donations come to us in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes food needs to be sorted and repacked before it can be given out. Volunteers help us repack bulk-packaged items into useable, family-size packages; sort useable items from damaged products; and re-label mislabeled or unlabeled cans and bottles.

We also receive a large amount of non-food items that need to be sorted things like soap and shampoo, household supplies, linens, dishes, etc. Whatever you sort when you volunteer at the Food Bank, your efforts help low-income families stretch their limited budgets and eat better.

As a group: Organize friends, family members, sports team, religious groups, or officemates for a fun, team-building shift or two. Two-hour time slots are available weeknights from 5:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m. Weekend shifts of varying length are available from 9:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. Contact us to set up a shift for you!
"Subaru - the one STI you don't have to be ashamed of for having!"

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

Offline BenjiJosef

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »
I could try to find some time to do this with you guys. I'd just need some time in advance. My life has gotten incredibly busy as of late.  :mrgreen:
04 WRX - Parted Out
92 SVX - Sold to Fluty
10 Mazda 3 - Traded In
'09 Lancer Ralliart - Traded In
'10 Chrysler 200 S - Current

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 10:42:49 AM »
I could try to find some time to do this with you guys. I'd just need some time in advance. My life has gotten incredibly busy as of late.  :mrgreen:

Ditto that. 
-Daryl (Albany)                                                                                   ಠ_ಠ
['14 Mazda3 SGT]     ['03 Sonic Yellow WRX Wagon]     ['05 WRB WRX Wagon]     ['02 PSM WRX Sedan]
Pages: [1]   Go Up