Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club

November 21, 2018, 10:03:42 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Learning to use EcuFlash and RomRaider software  (Read 203 times)

Offline snow_bound26

Learning to use EcuFlash and RomRaider software
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:55:51 AM »
A few months ago I completed a JDM 205 w/avcs swap and was tuned for the TD04. I ran into issues with the OBD port and have since replaced the connector and soldered in new pigtails with pins. I now have a working Tactrix 2.0 and am finally able to interface with the ecu. Once my VF34 arrives I'm planning on getting an E tune and need to understand this software so I don't screw things up or brick my ecu. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a walk through and show me how/what to log so I can make sure my engine is healthy before installing and tuning the new turbo. I also need to find out what codes the tuner turned off when he tuned the car back in June. But he's not answering emails and I just want to be done with my experience with him at this point. Currently not throwing any codes but it does idle rough once warmed up. Don't know if it's misfiring, bad O2 sensor, bad MAF sensor, or just the result of group n engine mounts and solid pitch stop transmitting more vibration then I was expecting. I'm in the Lake Placid area but am willing to drive. Also willing to supply beer of choice from a local micro brew for your trouble.

Offline idipskoalmint

• Waaaay to much time on their hands!

Re: Learning to use EcuFlash and RomRaider software
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:24:06 AM »
Once my VF34 arrives I'm planning on getting an E tune and need to understand this software so I don't screw things up or brick my ecu.

Best advice I can give you is that if you ever have an issue with a reflash is that you NEVER power your vehicle down, you keep pushing the flash until it works. If you turn the vehicle off, you will brick your ECU.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a walk through and show me how/what to log so I can make sure my engine is healthy before installing and tuning the new turbo.

That should be a question for your tuner. I say that because knowing the parameters to log won't do you a lot of good without understanding what they mean.

I also need to find out what codes the tuner turned off when he tuned the car back in June. But he's not answering emails and I just want to be done with my experience with him at this point.

Time to find a new tuner...

That said, if you open the map in ECUFlash or Romraider and look at the Diagnostic Trouble Codes section, you can see what was disabled.
"Subaru - the one STI you don't have to be ashamed of for having!"

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up