Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club

December 19, 2018, 01:38:07 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New owner 2010 Forester  (Read 31 times)

Offline amabykr

New owner 2010 Forester
« on: December 04, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »
In September I bought a 2010 Forester with 108K for my daughter to use to drive back and forth to HVCC from Schenectady.
It's her first car and I am not familiar with Suburus but it was a clean one owner car from Pittsfield MA.

Of course she has it a week or so and forgets to close the sunroof one night when the remnants of Hurricane Florence passed thru.
Thankfully it was only open about a foot (that's what she told me) but believe me that was enough to soak the interior.
The rear foot wells seemed to take most of it but the seats were soaked too.

Inside seems to be dried out now but I know it's not completely dry.
Is there anything in particular I should be concerned about as far as the wet interior?
Electronics under the seat or anything else?

We had the CEL, Cruise and Traction Control lights come on simultaneously a couple of times.
I read somewhere on line that tightening the gas cap might fix it and it did.

Its been driven 3-4K since September so I had the oil changed at Wedekind. (I bought my car there and they seem to be a competent repair shop)
They told me they would put whatever oil the manufacturer called for in the car.

The CEL light came on two days later.
I have an appointment at Capitaland Suburu to have it checked out to see what could be causing it.

From the comments I've seen on here Capitaland seems to be a good place to take the car.
They can have it for a couple of days if they need to because she has use of another car for this week.

The only other thing I'd like to do is upgrade the radio to something with blue tooth so she can sync her phone to use hands free.
Pages: [1]   Go Up