Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club

November 24, 2017, 05:26:09 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires / Re: Rear suspension noise
« Last post by deadlydave on November 22, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »
I'm going to go over everything this weekend when i have some spare time.
     shouldn't be too much of a problem. My car has only seen one winter in its life, the only rust i have on my car is a dusting of it under my rear diff. But I wouldn't be surprised if its multiple worn items since its been on 450lb springs for about 7 years and I use to autox a lot.

Sounds like proper subaru-ing.  :mrgreen:
The Lounge / Re: Post a picture of your recent purchase
« Last post by deadlydave on November 22, 2017, 11:51:59 AM »
Was that traffic primarily between March and June?

I can't remember, I saw monthly reports.  It was in the "top 10" for 8 or 9 of the 10 months I saw.
« Last post by madlife on November 22, 2017, 10:43:16 AM »
When I worked for one government agency, they kept track of what devices were used to access their website.  At the time, we had enough traffic from Playstation 3's to warrant compatibility testing with the PS3 web browser, but they wouldn't let me get one.   :buck2:

Was that traffic primarily between March and June?
« Last post by deadlydave on November 22, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
I'm waiting for the "Welfare Clearance Sale" of 2018 to get an upgrade to the xbox360.

When I worked for one government agency, they kept track of what devices were used to access their website.  At the time, we had enough traffic from Playstation 3's to warrant compatibility testing with the PS3 web browser, but they wouldn't let me get one.   :buck2:
« Last post by madlife on November 22, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »
Any time i start looking at retail electronics, I always run into "well this would buy me x or y mod, or down payment on a faster replacement for the Mazda."   :angel:

I'm waiting for the "Welfare Clearance Sale" of 2018 to get an upgrade to the xbox360. 
« Last post by Happyhour on November 21, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »
I'm going to go over everything this weekend when i have some spare time.

Also when it comes to Endlinks, buy Dremel blades/cutting wheels in bulk too.  I don't remember the last subaru i worked on that more than 1 endlink came off without cutting.   :cry:

shouldn't be too much of a problem. My car has only seen one winter in its life, the only rust i have on my car is a dusting of it under my rear diff. But I wouldn't be surprised if its multiple worn items since its been on 450lb springs for about 7 years and I use to autox a lot. 
Newbs & FAQs / Re: New to UNYSOC
« Last post by deadlydave on November 21, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
Their resale value is crazy to the point I would not consider use for anything newer than 07.   Compare 08/09 LGT vs same year/milage WRX.  Its insane.
The pricing on the Spec B's is up there too. 

The hatchbacks really do hold their value.  It was a kick to the pants buying a four year old car with 30k miles for a few thousand less than a brand new WRX, but I needed the space of the hatch. 
Plus it seems like everyone is holding on to them and none are available that aren't modded.  The ones for sale I saw either were stock with over 75k miles on them or modded with no engine management.  For the unmodded ones, I looked for about six months and every single one sold within days of being posted.  I drove out to Nashua, NH to pick this up a day after it was posted and while I was signing the paperwork, two people came in to check out the car.

Sounds pretty typical.  Even though the made-into-a-wrx/sti '96 wagon is not even running correctly right now, I still really love the thing.  Despite that, the wrx's of your vintage are objectively faster and can grip harder with just a handful of mods, versus the dozens on my car.
« Last post by deadlydave on November 21, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
After doing a few onsie twosie components on the MR2,  I decided to buy in bulk and do in bulk. 

Also when it comes to Endlinks, buy Dremel blades/cutting wheels in bulk too.  I don't remember the last subaru i worked on that more than 1 endlink came off without cutting.   :cry:
« Last post by Defibrillation on November 21, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »
Get your rear end up on jack stands.  Crawl under there and shake everything in every direction.  with that many miles on our shitty roads it could be any number of things.

Also,  consider your budget and Time.   After doing a few onsie twosie components on the MR2,  I decided to buy in bulk and do in bulk.  Save a lot of time so you don't have to keep ripping the same parts off over and over just to replace 1 thing at a time.

+1 for buying in bulk and doing it all at once.  I did all of my transmission/shifter bushings/pitch stop at once to save a considerable amount of time than doing it piece by piece along with flushing my transmission fluid/changing the oil.  Same things with amassing Stage 2 components so I only have to do it all in one shot. 
Newbs & FAQs / Re: New to UNYSOC
« Last post by Defibrillation on November 21, 2017, 01:12:37 PM »
Welcome.  The previous-generation WRX hatchbacks like yours are really holding their value.  DGM's a nice color combo with the gold.  Have fun this winter!

The hatchbacks really do hold their value.  It was a kick to the pants buying a four year old car with 30k miles for a few thousand less than a brand new WRX, but I needed the space of the hatch. 
Plus it seems like everyone is holding on to them and none are available that aren't modded.  The ones for sale I saw either were stock with over 75k miles on them or modded with no engine management.  For the unmodded ones, I looked for about six months and every single one sold within days of being posted.  I drove out to Nashua, NH to pick this up a day after it was posted and while I was signing the paperwork, two people came in to check out the car.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10